Sunday, February 15, 2009
Are postcards better than leaflets?
After such bad weather over the last 2 weeks it was really great today to see the sun shining. And it has been warm.
Could this be an early Spring already!
We are bombarded with leaflets promoting everything from concerts to holidays to shopping offers. They seem very popular but are they read? s there an alternative and does that alternative work better?
If you want to put a message across quickly use a postcard. Postcards are cheap and easy to handle.
· Easy to create· Fast to print· Easy to address· Multi-deliverable· Easy to complete · Cheap to return· A single sheet, complete in itself· No need to open· Visible upon delivery· Visible en-route and wherever left.· Bigger than a business card and can be many times more useful.· Convenient
You can deliver postcards by hand, by 1st class post, 2nd class post, courier or special delivery, door to door, with a product, in a postcard pack, in an envelope with advertising material, in display holders, with brochures, magazines and catalogues, given out at exhibitions and on the street, put behind car windscreens or left in library books, loose in cafes and any public area (but make sure they don’t become litter).
3 Ways to use Postcards
1. SALE PROMOTION instantly· This can promote one product or many.
· They can be used as a one-off for a special event· They can be used in a series because the average number of receipts before action is around 5-7· You can create your idea and often have it designed, printed and delivered within a week· It can be on the counter, handed out or left in a rack· If not delivered to the home they can be put in the pocket easily
2. PRODUCT PROMOTION · This can promote one product or many.· They can be used as a one-off for a special event· They can be used in a series because the average number of receipts before action is around 5-7· You can create your idea and often have it designed, printed and delivered within a week· It can be on the counter, handed out or left in a rack· If not delivered to the home they can be put in the pocket easily
3. GUARANTEE· Send with a product as a guarantee or warranty. When this is returned completed you have another name to add to your data base· There will be space to add additional material such as a special offer or about supplies or replacement parts
Watch out for my low cost e-booklet "37 Ways along the A6" which will be available in about 10 days. 35 pages of simple ways to use postcards to promote your business at around £3.
Ever trying for improvement you'll see my signature is now not in a white box, and is certainly blacker. Always looking to improve.
Have you booked your stand at the Swansea Business Exhibition click here?
Have you joined Local Business Networking? Join and grow your business. Click here.
If I can do anything to help your success do call me.